On the road again



The vacation ends but the travel doesn't - at least for one of us.

Fall is often a busy time for me, work wise, and I am always grateful to be working.
And I still very much enjoy the going to some place new. Yes, I joke about the glamour spots I go to, like Mattoon, Illinois and Albany, Georgia, but for me, new is good.

This time, it is Mankato, Minnesota, in the heart of the corn and soybeans belt - I assume crop rotation - and it is tidy as can be in that earnest Midwestern way that I find so endearing. And the petunias! Every cold-climed place I've been in recent years bursts fourth with a profusion of petunias - along the highways, in enormous hanging baskets, in medians and window boxes.
Summers that are short are all the sweeter.



South Dakota - trying to carve out an identity beyond the giant president heads.
Iowa - Pork. They serve a thing called pork wings. I say, when pig fly.
But they let same gendered people get married there as well. An enigma.

But I miss my travel buddy back at home and listening to Andrew Loog Oldham on the satellite every morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tripped up in Beantown

Yes, we are moving.