still weird



Got home from vacation not wanting to be home from vacation and as the heat crept toward 100, I proposed to Mark we spend some more points and head to the hills and seek out some cool water to soothe our post-vacation blues. He readily agreed.

Have not been to Austin in...can't remember. Eight year? Perhaps. And I had totally forgotten how much fun this city is and how the lower humidity makes the heat ever so much more bearable.

We plunged into the green water at Deep Eddy and I felt nothing but happy.

Austin has gone food truck carayzee! It is estimated that there are about 1200 at this point and they expect another 400 next year. Mark had a fat torta with some of the best deeply brown fries I have ever eaten and I got the vegan 'chicken' that tasted more like egg salad, but it was swell. Lovely seating under trees by a creek on South Congress street.

It was not Ann Arbor 1969, as I was recently reminiscing about, but it certainly has much of what made that a good time - an open friendliness from most everyone we met.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yes, we are moving.

More pics with tiny stories