Another gray day Up North

I wondered if Up North was a phrase used all over and according to Wikipedia, it is common enough, but a quick google shows that, in terms of business and domain names, Michiganders have made the phrase their own.

It is interesting to see the latest T shirt phrases. I see many shirts that say "Up North." And while I haven't noticed many wearers, the shops carry variations on the no salt theme, like "Lake Michigan - no salt, no sharks, no problems."

Photos from the Real Camera being downloaded as I type so more gloomy pics soon. 

NOTE- the little local museum has a great permanent collection of Inuit art. Makes sense. They will never have the money for a Monet, so collect what is affordable. And I've seen enough  friggin water lilies to last a lifetime. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tripped up in Beantown

Yes, we are moving.