Art - Here's the thing...


When I was young I had opinions about art that I assumed were naive and thus I didn't say things like I do now, like:  Monet is over-rated. How does Sisley rate exhaulted status when Mary Cassett is consistently overlooked? And - pointillism? What is the point? 

And don't get me started on modern art, much of which is best described as "notions without skill."

Meanwhile, this ----



This I love. I thinks it's beautiful. It's wonderfully rendered and it tells a story.

And the artist...




You ever heard of Ramon? I haven't, and I've been to many of the best art museums in the world and loads of little ones as well. So why have I never heard of this man, why are Degas redundant ballerina's swooned over and this guy is a nobody? 

It's a mystery. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tripped up in Beantown

Yes, we are moving.